Using this site means you accept its terms.
This site provides education learning information on sysadmin work, but you are 100% responsible for what you do or don’t do with it. Please use ALL information, commands, and configuration with care. https://andrewsarver.com and its contributors will not be responsible for damages of any kind resulting from its use. The use of this information is your OWN sole responsibility.
This site (“Website”) contains documents and tutorials mainly by Andrew Sarver. The information compiled as well as links to complimentary material are provided “as is” with no warranty, express or implied, for their accuracy or reliability. You use these sites at your own risk, and acknowledge that, while every effort has been made to correct errors before they appear, this site may include certain inaccuracies, errors, or omissions. https://andrewsarver.com makes no representations as to the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information on this site for any purpose.
Furthermore, your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in, with third parties found on or through this site, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such third parties, are solely between you and the third party. https://andrewsarver.com expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third parties on this site.
https://andrewsarver.com shall not be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses
https://andrewsarver.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement to the full extent allowed under the law. Furthermore, no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from https://andrewsarver.com shall create any warranty.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained from or made available on the site is done at your own discretion and risk. https://andrewsarver.com expressly disclaims any responsibility for damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
Trademarks and Copyrights
https://andrewsarver.com reserves all applicable rights to work one the aforementioned sites. Other marks, names, and movie titles are the property of their respective owners. All images are copyrighted by their respective owners. Use of any copyrighted images is not authorized without the consent of the copyright holder. Few logo(s) and images are used without permission, but within fair use, for the purposes of criticism or educational purpose only.
- Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds.
- UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group.
- OpenBSD is a registered trademark of Theo de Raadt.
- FreeBSD is a trademark of The FreeBSD Foundation.
- Red Hat is a trademark of Red Hat, Inc.
- IBM AIX is a trademark of International Business Machines Corporation.
- Sun Solaris and openSolaris are registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- HP-UX (Hewlett-Packard UniX) is a trademark of Hewlett-Packard Company.
- Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
- Ubuntu and Canonical are registered trademarks of Canonical Ltd.
- VMWARE is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc.
- Xen and Citrix XenServer are registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc.
- VirtualBox and Oracle VM are registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems / Oracle Corporation.
- All other names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
No affiliation between this site and of the above project/commercial company exists or is implied. Any mention of commercial products or reference to commercial organizations is for information only; it does not imply recommendation or endorsement by https://andrewsarver.com nor does it imply that the products mentioned are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
User Registration Obligations
Users are required to register with https://andrewsarver.com in order to take advantage of some features contained within. By registering you agree to our policies, and by posting or utilizing other services, which require your login on https://andrewsarver.com sites, you are agreeing the terms within this document.
Code of Conduct
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which the Content originated. You, and not https://andrewsarver.com, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Service. https://andrewsarver.com does not pre-screen Content, though https://andrewsarver.com and its designees have the right but not the obligation, in their sole discretion, to deny, move, or remove any Content available via the Service. https://andrewsarver.com does not, and will not, guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content. You understand that by choosing to use the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Under no circumstances will https://andrewsarver.com be liable in any way, shape, or form, for any Content, including, but not limited to, errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, or otherwise transmitted via the Service.
It is our policy to make every effort to respect the copyrights of outside parties. If you believe that your copyright has been misused, please provide us with a detailed message stating your position and we will endeavor to correct any misuse.
You agree NOT to use the Service to:
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any Content that is harmful, hateful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy harm or threaten minors in any way
- Falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Service; intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international laws
- Harass or “stalk” another individual
- Collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge and agree that https://andrewsarver.com may preserve Content forever. You also agree https://andrewsarver.com may disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with legal process;
- Respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of https://andrewsarver.com and sites, their users, and the public.